We at INTERYARDS S.A. (referred to below as “INTERYARDS” or the “Company”) respect your privacy and are aware that we expected to handle all personal data responsibly. We have, therefore, developed this Policy to clearly describe what types of information we gather, how this information is used, with whom it is shared and why, and to ensure that the Company complies fully with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1 Important information and who we are
- Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how INTERYARDS collects and processes your personal data, whether through this website or through our exchanges with you.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
INTERYARDS is a data controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as INTERYARDS, the Company, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy team, which is responsible for overseeing question in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy team at email@example.com.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice and Your Duty to Inform us of Changes
This version came into effect in May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2 The data we collect about you
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. If you apply for login details to our on line platform, we will also collect a username and password.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers and any other contact details which you may have provided us with.
- CCTV footage from our premises.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website .
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) but, if we do, we will ensure that you are served with an explicit privacy notice telling you how we will deal with such information.
We will not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences, unless we have obtained your express consent.
- If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3 How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and financial data by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for login details for our online platform “Fleetview”, we will also collect your chosen username and password;
- apply for a position in the Company ;
- offer your or your company’s business services to the Company;
- where you work for one of the Company’s clients, business partners, consultants, advisors or other third parties the Company interacts with in a business context;
- otherwise interact with us for your and our business purposes, including marketing to us (whether by email or in person) or meeting us or any of our representatives in a business context.
- CCTV Footage. Our premises are monitored 24/7 for security purposes.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, [server logs] and other similar technologies. We do not process this information.
4 How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or your employer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
- Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data on the basis of more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please Contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register job applications for positions within the Company||
||Performance of a prospective contract with you.|
To consider, evaluate and respond to marketing and/or business proposals from third parties
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and assess services available to us).
|To maintain and develop business relationships with clients, business partners, consultants, advisors or other third parties||
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and assess services available to us and to develop our business relationships with prospective clients and to grow our business).
|To maintain and develop business contact with existing, former or potential future clients, partners or third parties whether by telephone, email or in person
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to develop our business relationships and to grow our business).
For security purposes
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our premises secure)|
- Change Of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5 Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- External Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- Specific third parties such as third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6 International transfers
We may share your personal data within our Company. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The Company has adopted suitable policies giving effect to the GDPR and the data protection regime applicable with the EEA.
Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7 Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8 Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by Contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see [Request erasure] below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9 Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, such as the right to:-
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us.
- No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time Limit To Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our businesses. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by Contacting us.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you or your employer is a party and processing your personal data is necessary for such performance (e.g. where your email identifies you in person or where we are given access to your mobile or home telephone numbers) or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Third Partiesmeans Internal Third Parties and External Third Parties.
- External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors based in Greece and P.R. China, who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in Greece or in any other country as required by the Company’s business purposes, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Tax authorities, regulators and other authorities based Greece and P.R. China, who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Providers of security services to our Company.